Because of Androgenetic Alopecia, the hair slowly begins to weaken until it falls irreversibly. Therefore, it is highly recommended to make a consultation to deal with the case on time.
Other causes for baldness
Each type of baldness has a pattern. Hair recovery specialists have recognized and verified for each case what is the most appropriate treatment to treat them effectively. The causes that cause alopecia or baldness will be divided into two large groups:
CONGENITES: low frequency (those where there is no hair from birth).
Scarring Baldness: they are, by default, hereditary diseases of development, infections, neoplasms, chemical / physical agents (radiotherapy, trauma, etc.). It is the baldness caused by the loss of the hair follicle. They can never regenerate if not by surgery.
Non-scarring Baldness: it is the baldness caused by hair loss, but not the hair follicle; it can in some cases regenerate; Some of the subdivisions of this group are:
- Baldness or Alopecia Areata (autoimmune triggered by psychic or physical stress. This can be in single or generalized plaque).
- Hormonal (thyroid, ovaries, pituitary, adrenal).
- Food-related (protein-energy malnutrition, fatty acids, iron, zinc, biotin).
- Pharmacological (blockers, thallium mercury, colchicine methotrexate, some
antidepressants and more).
- Acute physical stress (fever, hemorrhages, postpartum, etc.).
The most common among them is baldness or androgenetic alopecia that occurs in 95% of cases, the remaining 5% belonging to the subdivisions listed above.
International classification of male and female androgenetic baldness
Hair loss in women
The causes of alopecia in women are more complex than in men. The specialized doctor will determine the most appropriate treatment for each case verifying the causes.
Female Androgenetic Alopecia (FAGA) It is a more frequent clinical problem in women. It has been pointed out that currently, 25% of women have FAGA at 35-45 years and 35-40% around 50 years. An important fact, if one takes into account that the loss of hair causes a larger psychological impact on women than on men. This is due to a genetic predisposition of the hair follicle with normal levels or with a slight or intense increase of androgens. FAGA has as a characteristic that it begins with specific diffuse hair loss in the parietal or vertical frontal regions, in the crown, with the maintenance of the frontal hairline implantation line. The woman does not reach total alopecia but the diameter of her hair becomes thinner, shorter, allowing the scalp to be seen.
20% of women suffer, after menopause, a significant hair loss, as there is a decrease in female hormones. And the existing testosterone begins to manifest, even at normal levels, added to the genetic predisposition, generating an impact that is often associated with low self-esteem and depression in women.
Polycystic ovary (multiple cysts in the ovaries): In this affliction, there are high levels of androgen hormones that produce, among other manifestations, alopecia of the androgenetic type, already explained. Use of hormones such as testosterone, progesterone, adrenal disorder, Pituitary disorder. These cause excessive production of masculinizing steroids (virilization). Alopecia and excessive hairiness are observed, it is common after menopause and in people who use anabolic drugs.
There may be an alteration in the production of sex hormone transport proteins, increasing the amount of free testosterone with an increase in the conversion of it into DHT produced by androgenetic alopecia.
Alteration Both exaggerated activity (hyperthyroidism) and decreased activity (hypothyroidism) can cause alopecia. Hair loss associated with thyroid disease can be reversed with appropriate treatment.
Without apparent cause, with normal hormonal levels but with a genetic predisposition. These should be treated to solve the problems of hair loss while performing the appropriate medical treatment indicated by specialists.
Verdades y mentiras de la calvicie
- The cause of baldness is hereditary.
- Hair-by-hair capillary microtransplant is the only definitive solution.
- The other hair treatments are useless or produce unsightly results.
- Hair-by-hair is performed with the patient’s own hair.
- It is natural and painless.
- It is performed in approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- It is accessible, with very convenient financing plans.
- The results are definitively scientifically proven.
- The day after the microimplant you can return to daily tasks normally.
- Dandruff and seborrhea cause hair loss.
- Washing your hair every day causes your hair to fall out.
- Having long hair causes hair loss.
- Stress is a cause of baldness.
- Poor nutrition causes hair loss.
- The use of hats or helmets causes hair loss.
- Hair massages solve the problem of baldness.
- Contraceptive substances stop hair loss.
- Shaving your head stops hair loss. White soap prevents hair loss.
Techniques against baldness to avoid
Nowadays, obsolete and deceptive techniques are still used to recover the hair or stop its falling. These methods produce completely unusable and unsightly results. Some examples of these treatments are:
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP)
- Capillary Massages
- "Punch" or doll hair
- Artificial hairs
- Hair flaps or hairbands
- Homemade recipes
- Capillary fibers
The myth of capillary massages
Hair massages are completely useless since baldness is not due to lack of irrigation but to a set of hormonal and hereditary factors. The hair massages in no case could modify the hair’s genetic code.
Punch or doll hair
Flap or Hairband
Recover your hair, regain your confidence